Jicarilla Fishing Blog

11 January 2018

Jicarilla Hunt - Thursday, January 11, 2018

Fish Folks,

It is with much regret that the Fish Crew is CANCELING the 2018 Ice Derby.

Today the Fish Crew went and checked on the ice conditions and poured over the short and long term forecasts for the region and there appears to be little chance of safe ice conditions here in the near future. After rain yesterday the ice sheet is in very poor condition with open water growing at both Stone and Mundo and the ice sheet shows signs of receding from shore at both lakes as well. 

Ice was measured with no thickness greater than 3", the sheet was found to be of very low quality.

As always the Fish Crew will keep you informed as the situation progresses. Be on the look out for information regarding a spring derby to replace the ice derby this year...

If you have any questions regarding this information please do not hesitate to contact the Crew at jicarillafishqs@gmail.com or Monday through Thursday at (575) 759-3255.